Tuesday Yoga Giveaway: 8 Limbs Yoga Shirts
Question: Aside from asana, what other branches of yoga do you practice?
There’s more than the physical side to yoga; asana is one of 8 branches that make up the tree of yoga. The whole practice includes:
- YAMAS — Moral disciplines /Outer Practices towards others the 5 restraining practices of the Yamas are Aparigraha (non-greed), Asteya (non-stealing), Ahimsa (non-violence) Brahmacharya (strength of will and sexual virtue), Satya (truth)
- NIYAMAS — Moral disciplines /Inner Practice towards self the 5 inner practices of the Niyamas are Samtosha (contentment), Tapas (heat, perseverance), Saucha (cleanliness), Svadhyaya (self-study), Ishvara Pranidhana (surrender)
- ASANA — physical postures
- PRANAYAMA — breath control
- PRATYAHARA — withdrawal of the senses
- DHARANA — concentration on one point
- DHYANA — meditation, sitting in stillness
- SAMADHI — super-consciousness, enlightenment
So we were stoked to see a clothing line that recognizes this. 8 Limbs Yoga Shirts are designed for more than comfort. They also offer bits of wisdom from the yoga sutras. Inscribed on the back of the Ahims shirt is “practice peace”—in the name of ahimsa (non violence).
Win a kid’s Ahimsa shirt and one for you from 8 Limbs Yoga Shirts!
8 Limbs Yoga Shirts is giving one My Yoga Online community member two Ahimsa shirts.
How to Enter: Just add your answer to the following question to the comments section below: Aside from asana, what other branches of yoga do you practice?
With apologies to our international friends, this prize giveaway is only available within North America (USA and Canada).
Enter on Facebook, too! Join your My Yoga Online community on Facebook and enter to win there, too.
Share the love. Tell your friends about this great giveaway. Just click SHARE at the top of this post.
The fine print: Click here to read the official contest rules. By submitting a comment on this blog or commenting on or ‘liking’ the Facebook post, you agree to the official contest rules.